Saturday, September 27, 2008

First Lessons of Interactive English

I hope that the kids liked the first lessons of Interactive English very much. They have had the brilliant opportunity to speak English.
In the first lesson "Getting Acquainted" we spoke about fibs and facts in our life. It was really funny. "Having eaten snails or grasshopers": can it be true?!
In the second lesson (devoted to Homecoming) the kids read the definitions and matched them with the words, like "pep rally".
They watched Michael's photos of his Homecoming.
Almost everybody tried to speak English. Nobody kept silent.
At the end of each lesson we played the ball game on the learnt vocabulary.

Valentina M S

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi everybody!!!I read this post and I can say that our first lessons of interactive English were really interesting, unusual and now I know more american slang words!!! It’s so great and cool, I liked it))) Jain, group 3.

Valentina said...

Hello! I'm trying to follow the events at our Elista Access School from Tucson. It is great that the kids like their Interactive English class. I wish there were more comments on this class as well as on other classes at school. Perhaps, you will be able to publish your wonderful stories here? The teachers could use this place to publish some additional materials for the students to read or to study. It would be also great to learn Michael's impressions.
Best regards,
B.E. Kornusova

Valentina said...

My 1 Fib and 2 Facts were:
1. I was given a lift in one of the President's cars.
2. I slept on the benches.
3. I rode a roller-coaster.
Which is what, can you guess?